Are you looking for a way to jazz up your rug hooking? This book will introduce you to a whole new world of fancy fibers to use in your hooked rugs! Well-known designer and teacher Gail Dufresne shows you how to use yarns and ribbons, buttons and beads, silk and other alternative fibers in your hooked pieces. In this book, you'll learn:
- how to jazz up the background
- how to use alternate fibers, such as sari silk, Crepe de Chine, silk brocade, silk yardage, velvet, cotton, spandex, and more
- how to add embellishments, such as beads, buckles, sequins, zippers, shells, semi-precious stones, and more
- how to combine rug-making techniques, such as sculpting, prodding, braiding, punch needle, quilling, shirring, and more
- where to look for rug hooking inspiration
Unusual materials, unexpected shapes, and surprising tricks can make a hooked piece a piece of art suitable for display on your wall or the wall of a gallery. Lavishly illustrated with Dufresne's own rugs and the works of other contemporary artists, this book will inspire you to look beyond your wool stash. Add a little glitz and surprise to your next masterpiece!
Rug Hooking with Fancy Fibers